Friday, February 16, 2007

Fri-uh-dah Ni-uh-ght

Now, let me start by saying I have NOTHING against the following:

People who like country music
People who live in the country
People who ride horses
People who drive trucks

In general, I have nothing against those that would term themselves "rednecks". Living in Florida, some of the nicest people you meet are "rednecks".

That said, there is nothing worse that having to go out on a Friday night and getting stuck in traffic with THREE groups redneck poseur teenagers in their trucks two sizes too big and their hats two small.

It's COUNTRY music, kiddos. You don't have to turn it up to 15 and deafen the entire tri-county area to make it sound good. It has actual rhythm and lyrics (not my favorite type of lyrics, but still, coherent sentences can be understood from time to time ).

Also, you are driving a half-ton pickup, not a sports car. Your Ford F150 is not known for it's cornering ability nor it's ability to go from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds. Please don't try to outrace the little Mazda next to me. And don't cut me off to do it.

Ugh.

I think I'm getting old.

No comments: